PartnerofaPilot nominated me for a Brillante award, which is a glorified hoax-ish chain email thing. Part of the deal for me to accept this award is for me to nominate at least 7 other blogs that I love for the award. Since I actively follow close to 100 blogs (thank goodness for Google Reader!) this was a tough decision. Here are some of my absolute favorites.
1. Shelves in the Closet – Authored by dear Lizzie. My sister from another mister. She shares my flair for everything virtuous, lovely, of good report and praiseworthy. Whether it be “Wednesday Giggles” or a review of the latest concert she’s attended, her explanations of her life are so vibrant that you feel like you were right along with her.
2. Trolls in the Daylight – Authored by Brett. I’d like to think I’m partially responsible for his venture into blogging (he even has a picture of me on his blog). He’s a high school English teacher with a mad obsession with anything Scandinavian. Just look at his posts from May, leading up to Sytennde Mai. You will wish you were born in Norway. An excellent photographer and storyteller.
3. Blogging at FL250 – Authored by Sam. This is the first aviation blog that I started reading. He’s worked his way up to regional airline captain, and left a treasure trove of advice for those interested in a career in aviation. If I’d started reading his blog a few years earlier, I’d be in a lot less debt. Also an excellent photographer (especially his pics of the Northwest).
4. Seriously So Blessed – Authored by TAMN. OMGWTFLDSBBQ! This blog is WAY SUPER! I life my live vicariously through her ENTHuSIam! Her Perfect-O preggers life just makes me want to play BUNc-O!
5. A Peek into Japan – Authored by Steve. An American English teacher in Japan, whose wife is expecting their first very soon. Interesting to have a perspective on life abroad from someone who shares many of my tastes in food, music, and pop culture.
6. The Only Reviews that Matter – Authored by Kyle, my ex-husband’s college roommate. Step aside Ebert and Roeper, this is where I go to for my movie reviews.
7. Little Wonders – Authored by Brooke. I went to HS with Brooke, but didn’t know her very well. However, I’ve fallen in love with her children via her blog, as she documents their life with vibrant photos and great journaling. She is very talented with crafts, and I am amazed with the fun things she comes up with for Halloween, birthday parties, and other holidays. She probably has no idea how much I love her blog, but it’s true.
Here are the rules for the recipients of the awards:
1. The winner can put the logo on his/her blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs of the people you’ve nominated.
6. Enjoy your award!