It’s summer, and I’ve had a lot of things going on that has pushed my blogging efforts out of my daily/weekly routine. I haven’t posted anything in the month of July, so I thought I’d put in a quick catch-up post for those who care to know how I’ve spent my time.
- •Working as an SEO specialist at SEO.com by day, and desperately trying to get back up to speed on my medical coding practicum. When I was hired 7 months ago, I threw myself into my new job and left a year of full-time study at 95% completion. I’m ready to get it done and official. I’m ready to earn some letters after my name. So forgive me as I’m busy switching between HTML and ICD-9/CPT/HCPCS and trying to speak English the rest of the time.
- •Visited my long-time bloggy friend April Durham on a weekend whim roadtrip. Rosie and I hopped in the car within 30 minutes of concocting the idea, and drove north for a weekend of giggles, good food, and blog design. She gave my site an awesome blog makeover. If you haven’t seen the new look of cuteculturechick.com, hop out of your RSS feed and take a looksie.
- •Attended Type A Parent Conference in Asheville, NC. I decided to go to a conference I hadn’t been to before, and decided on #TypeAcon when I found out so many of my friends were speaking. I got some great blogging and social media tips, met Greg “The Frozen Food Master,” chatted with some great brands, partied and dined.I enjoyed the beautiful and eclectic city of Asheville in the Blue Ridge Mountains, and knocked North Carolina off of my list of states to visit to see all 50. Oh, and I drank as much Cheerwine as I could get my hands on.
- •Acted as an ambassador for Visit Salt Lake‘s SLC Summer Crew
- •Summertime tends to be difficult emotionally for me, and thankfully this year it hasn’t been quite as depressive as the past few years. I’ve been trying to living a more healthy lifestyle…trying to be more active, eat better, and lose weight (as always). I might not look a lot different, but my hair is getting pretty long
- Next week I head to southern California to see family and attend BlogHer ’11. Later in the month I’ll be going on a white water rafting trip hosted by my company. Rosie’s going to be starting 5th grade (!!!) I hope to be ready to take the final exam and national certification exam for my medical coding.
- How have you been spending your summer?