Surgery Postponed until Friday

I spoke with David tonight. He was supposed to have his surgery this afternoon, but when his blood levels were taken, the blood was too thin to operate. They transferred him to TOSH to stay overnight. They will be giving him some frozen plasma to bulk up his blood, and hopefully he’ll be set for surgery around 10 am.

In the surgery, the extent of his nerve damage will be discovered. Either the nerves are intact, and just need more time to heal…or the nerve injury was so severe that it is irreparable and he will have to walk with a spring-loaded brace to position his foot. He’s sad that this additional surgery will add time to his stay in Aspen Ridge, but hopefully they will be able to fix any damage, and he’ll have a better outcome for his right leg.

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged
%d bloggers like this: