The last month has been pretty crazy for me. I’ve been doing lots of blogging, just not on this site. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I decided to have weight loss surgery. On February 7th, I underwent laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass. I decided to publicly share my surgery journey, and created the blog Beauty and the Bypass.
The last 6 weeks I’ve thrown my heart and soul into that blog, sharing the trials and triumphs of weight loss surgery. The awesome thing is that I’ve already lost 35 pounds, but it’s been harder than I expected. Rapid weight loss isn’t always fun and success. I’ve had to deal with pneumonia and severe dehydration, which has necessitated extra trips to the hospital. If you want to read more about it, they’re well documented on my other site.
As you can see in this photo, I’m already looking a lot different in my face. My cheeks are much less round, and I’m finally losing my triple chin. This is the difference of 3 weeks…not bad, eh?
Notable Posts on Beauty and the Bypass
- Why I’m Having Gastric Bypass Surgery
- The Surgery Approval Process
- Weighty Impressions
- Down A Dress Size
- Laughing Cow Queso Dip Recipe (yum!)
- I Want To Be Sedated
- How To Successfully Pitch A Blogger For A Guest Post
- Five Ways To Turn Social Media Feedback Into Valuable Business Data
- How An iPad Helped Save A Life
- Want Cupcakes Anytime? Visit This 24-Hour ATM
- How Larry Bird And Twitter Are Connected
- Tips And Tricks For iPhoneography
- Generate Great Ideas From Pinterest
- Fall In Love Or Save A Life With Words With Friends