I travel more than the average person,and even though I have flight benefits, nothing beats a good roadtrip. Last year I got my car, and I’ve already put 26,000 miles on her in 14 months. Why? Because of all the roadtrips I take! This weekend I took a roadtrip down to St. George, UT for a wedding. See how pretty she looks against the red rocks?
Of course, great music is requisite for any roadtrip. Some of my earliest memories are driving between Portland and Salt Lake City for family roadtrips. I have a diverse liking of many genres of music, and a lot of my tastes began with the music my dad played in the car. Nowadays, I don’t actually record a mixtape on a cassette player, but the idea still sounds better than just punching up an iPod playlist.
Here’s a list of songs that I love to listen to when I’m on the road:
- Ventura Highway – America
- Rio – Duran Duran
- Enjoy The Silence – Depeche Mode
- Crystal Ball – Keane
- The Adventure – Angels and Airwaves
- Chicago – Sufjan Stevens
- Take On Me – A-ha
- No Cars Go – Arcade Fire
- Breakaway – Kelly Clarkson
- Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You – Frankie Valli
- Let Go – Frou Frou
- Time of the Season – The Zombies
- Such Great Heights – The Postal Service
- Nothing Left To Lose – Mat Kearney
- Come Together – The Beatles
- Why Georgia – John Mayer
- Even Better Than The Real Thing – U2
- Where It’s At – Beck
- Building a Mystery – Sarah McLachlan
- No Rain – Blind Melon
- Going The Distance – Cake
I could go on and on, but these are the songs that are in heavy rotation when I’m flying down I-15 at 75 miles per hour. This trip, I was really in a John Mayer mood. His music is one of my guilty pleasures – oh, how I love his voice! He sings in a range that suits my voice so well. When I’m driving alone, I crank up the volume and sing along.
What are your favorite songs to roadtrip to?